Transportation DepartmentThe Point Pleasant Borough School District's Transportation Department takes great pride in delivering safe, reliable and efficient transportation services to the students of Point Pleasant Borough Schools' four schools.
In accordance with Point Pleasant Borough Board of Education Policy 8600: Transportation, the following students are eligible for transport to and from school:
- Kindergarten: All kindergarten students will be provided with transportation
- Grades 1–5: Transportation is provided to students who live more than 3/4 mile from the assigned school and to students who must cross a canal bridge to attend their assigned school.
- Grade 6–8: Transportation is provided to students who live more than 9/10 mile from the assigned school and to students who must cross a canal bridge to attend their assigned school.
- Medically and educationally handicapped pupils in accordance with their prescribed needs.
- Pupils participating in Board-approved co-curricular activities and field trips.
- Transportation to and from schools shall be provided as required by law to eligible non-public school pupils.
Students are to be transported from the assigned bus stop to the assigned school only. On the return trip, students shall be transported from the assigned school to the assigned bus stop only. There shall be no exceptions to this rule.
Eligible riders shall not be transported to the homes of relatives, friends, babysitters, or to toher institutions. Transportation is provided only for eligible riders to and from their assigned stops and their assigned school.
Routes and bus stops may be reevaluated annually and may be changed at any time during the school year to more efficiently serve conditions that may prevail at the time; however, parents or legal guardians shall be informed of any pending changes in routes, which affects their child, in any way, before such change is made.
|Jonathan Triebwasser, Transportation Supervisor
(732) 701-1900 ext. 2222 / 2508
Dana Soto, Dispatch
(732) 701-1900 ext. 2520
|Kurt Bergen, Dispatch
(732) 701-1900 ext. 2519
Mike Di Miao, Mechanic
(732) 701-1900 ext. 2422